Squid3 Proxy for Yunohost with LDAP
Squid: Proxy with Optimising Web Delivery
Squid is a caching proxy for the Web supporting HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and more. It reduces bandwidth and improves response times by caching and reusing frequently-requested web pages. Squid has extensive access controls and makes a great server accelerator.
- The app can not be multi-instance(can't be installed many times on same server).
- LDAP is there(Registered users can use there login username and password to browser internet through the proxy)
- Port number used by the proxy will be sent to the admin mail of the Yunohost server.
- The username and password is asked twice first time you start the browser(I have no idea why this happens).
Configure Squid3 for Firefox
- Go to Preferences -> General -> network proxy
- Select Manual proxy configuration
- In HTTP Proxy enter your domain name or server IP and in Port enter the port sent to your admin email.
- Check Use this proxy server for all protocols.
- Under No Proxy for enter this localhost, 127.0.0.1.
- Save and restart the Firefox.
If you try Squid 3 in any other way please write the instruction in the issue so that I can add it to the readme
Thanks to Fred to write the instruction to configure Squid for Yunohost. French: https://memo-linux.com/installer-squid3-sur-un-serveur-yunohost/