squid3 for YunoHost
This package allows you to install squid3 quickly and simply on a YunoHost server. If you don't have YunoHost, please consult the guide to learn how to install it.
Squid: Proxy with Optimising Web Delivery
Squid is a caching proxy for the Web supporting HTTP, HTTPS, FTP, and more. It reduces bandwidth and improves response times by caching and reusing frequently-requested web pages. Squid has extensive access controls and makes a great server accelerator.
Shipped version: 4.13~ynh1
Disclaimers / important information
- The app can not be multi-instance(can't be installed many times on same server).
- LDAP is there(Registered users can use there login username and password to browser internet through the proxy)
- Port number used by the proxy will be sent to the admin mail of the Yunohost server.
- The username and password is asked twice first time you start the browser(I have no idea why this happens).
Configure Squid3 for Firefox
- Go to Preferences -> General -> network proxy
- Select Manual proxy configuration
- In HTTP Proxy enter your domain name or server IP and in Port enter the port sent to your admin email.
- Check Use this proxy server for all protocols.
- Under No Proxy for enter this localhost, 127.0.0.1.
- Save and restart the Firefox.
If you try Squid 3 in any other way please write the instruction in the issue so that I can add it to the readme
Thanks to Fred to write the instruction to configure Squid for YunoHost. French: https://memo-linux.com/installer-squid3-sur-un-serveur-yunohost/
Documentation and resources
- Official app website: http://www.squid-cache.org
- YunoHost Store: https://apps.yunohost.org/app/squid3
- Report a bug: https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/squid3_ynh/issues
Please send your pull request to the testing branch.
To try the testing branch, please proceed like that.
sudo yunohost app install https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/squid3_ynh/tree/testing --debug or sudo yunohost app upgrade squid3 -u https://github.com/YunoHost-Apps/squid3_ynh/tree/testing --debug
More info regarding app packaging: https://yunohost.org/packaging_apps