With Samply you can schedule notifications for experience sampling studies. Samply makes sending notifications easy and provides a secure foundation for connection with your participants. The application for researchers has an open source code on GitHub and runs online at https://samply.uni-konstanz.de. This website is integrated with the mobile application for participants Samply Research in Google Play and App Store.
- Samply is free both for participants and researchers.
- Native mobile application for participants available in Google Play and App Store.
- Different types of notifications schedule (one-time, repeat, user-dependent, randomized).
- Customization of messages and URL links: you can send links to any online survey of experiment (e.g., Google Forms, SurveyMonkey, Qualtrics, lab.js). You just have to make sure that your online study looks right on mobile devices.
- Recording participants' responses to your notifications.
- Preserving anonymity: participants do not need to provide any personal information such as emails or phone numbers to you to participate in your study. All notifications are sent through the application.
Researcher access in a web browser
As a researcher, you can create and manage your study in a web browser. After creating the study, you send an invitation link to participants. Participants install the mobile application Samply Research and sign up for your study. Now, they can receive notifications from you.
Installing from Source (for developers)
Clone the repository to your local folder and run
The application depends on the environment variables, which you can specify in the file variables.env in the root folder. Please contact us if you want to deploy it on your server.
Contribute to the software
Thank you for considering to contribute to the development of Samply! You can submit an issue or a bug report via GitHub. If you want to contribute to the code development, submit a pull request or get in touch with us via Samply Slack chat.
If you have problems with the application and seek support, please feel free to join our Samply Slack chat.