glim - 0.11.x[deprecated]
This repo is deprecated due to maintenance cost.
glim is a modern web framework on top of bottle inspired from play & laravel. The aim is to build a lightweight architecture for web app development. The development philosophy here is to make the core small as possible but still not featureless. It has a conventional extension system that can boot objects with configuration. It also has a handful set of extensions for view rendering, templating and performing database operations. You can check glim_extensions repository for much more information.
- Convention over configuration
- A powerful routing system which has grouping & filtering
- A controller layer for request handling, service calling, etc.
- A set of handful extensions that includes SQLAlchemy, Jinja2, redis, etc. integrations
- An object oriented command line layer
- An extension system that developers can integrate to the framework
# create project folder $ mkdir <project> $ cd <project> # create a virtualenv $ virtualenv venv # activate the virtualenv $ . venv/bin/activate # install glim from pypi $ pip install glim # generate a new glim app $ glim new # start the web server with development environment $ glim start # start the web server with configured environment $ glim start --env production
Cutting Edge Installation
# clone the repo inside the project folder $ git clone firstname.lastname@example.org:aacanakin/glim.git # enter the folder $ cd glim # create & virtualenv $ virtualenv venv $ . venv/bin/activate # install dependencies $ pip install -r requirements.txt # generate a new app $ python glim.py new # run the web server $ python glim.py start
- small & lightweight
- great for painless web app development
- great for api development
- stable currently :(
NOTE: The framework is in its early stages in development. So, there are lots of backward incompatible changes constantly. So the web server may not even start but feel free to play with it!