Zecwallet CLI - A command line ZecWallet light client.
zecwallet-cli is a command line ZecWallet light client. To use it, download the latest binary from the releases page and run
This will launch the interactive prompt. Type
help to get a list of commands
Running in non-interactive mode:
You can also run
zecwallet-cli in non-interactive mode by passing the command you want to run as an argument. For example,
zecwallet-cli addresses will list all wallet addresses and exit.
zecwallet-cli help to see a list of all commands.
- While all the keys and transaction detection happens on the client, the server can learn what blocks contain your shielded transactions.
- The server also learns other metadata about you like your ip address etc...
- Also remember that t-addresses don't provide any privacy protection.
The wallet connects to the mainnet by default. To connect to testnet, please pass
If you want to run your own server, please see zecwallet lightwalletd, and then run
./zecwallet-cli --server http://127.0.0.1:9067. You might also need to pass
--dangerousif you are using a self-signed TLS certificate.
The log file is in
~/.zcash/zecwallet-light-wallet.debug.log. Wallet is stored in
Zecwallet-CLI does automatic note and utxo management, which means it doesn't allow you to manually select which address to send outgoing transactions from. It follows these principles:
- Defaults to sending shielded transactions, even if you're sending to a transparent address
- Sapling funds need at least 5 confirmations before they can be spent
- Can select funds from multiple shielded addresses in the same transaction
- Will automatically shield your transparent funds at the first opportunity
- When sending an outgoing transaction to a shielded address, Zecwallet-CLI can decide to use the transaction to additionally shield your transparent funds (i.e., send your transparent funds to your own shielded address in the same transaction)
Compiling from source
- Rust v1.37 or higher.
rustup updateto get the latest version of Rust if you already have it installed
git clone https://github.com/adityapk00/zecwallet-light-cli.git cargo build --release ./target/release/zecwallet-cli
Here are some CLI arguments you can pass to
zecwallet-cli. Please run
zecwallet-cli --help for the full list.
--server: Connect to a custom zecwallet lightwalletd server.
./zecwallet-cli --server 127.0.0.1:9067
--seed: Restore a wallet from a seed phrase. Note that this will fail if there is an existing wallet. Delete (or move) any existing wallet to restore from the 24-word seed phrase
./zecwallet-cli --seed "twenty four words seed phrase"
--recover: Attempt to recover the seed phrase from a corrupted wallet