Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Welcome to the Trap Quest Repository wiki!
Firstly let me straight away make clear that any changes or content that you submit to this repository to be added to the game, you are giving me as a gift, so I will own it (i.e. I will continue to be allowed to compile the Trap Quest code, and distribute and fund Trap Quest itself without needing permission from you). However I will obviously make sure to credit you, if you wish.
That out of the way, let me explain what this repository is for.
With this repository, you will be able to:
- Read pretty much all of the code, so if you so choose you could:
- help update the wiki accurately
- help hunt down bugs or try to identify engine inefficiencies
- Compile the both Trap Quest and Diaper Quest on your PC for testing in the Inform 7 IDE
- Create your own branch / fork of the code to:
- mess around and learn I7
- fix typos and bugs
- improve the engine
- tweak and test balance changes
- create, test and perfect your own content and submit it to Aika to try and get it in the game
debugin the compiled version of the game
You will not be able to:
- Play a version of the game with any images (all the images cannot be found in this repository, and the graphics window code is removed)
- Package up and release the game into a gblorb file (for the same reason - all the images are missing)
- Access or read any of the patron-only epilogues
Unless I have explicitly granted permission to you to do so, you do not have the right to use this source code to publish mods of the game.
So, still interested? If you have not yet installed the development environment, please go to Getting Started.