Leap Motion Controlled Sphero
A teacher at my son's school allowed me to use his Leap Motion over the weekend, I hacked together this quick and dirty script to control Sphero using it.
See it in action!
- Rotate finger to set base heading (it only rotates clockwise)
- Push forward to make Sphero go straight ahead (heading of 0°)
- Pull backward to make Sphero go backward (heading of 180°)
- Swipe left to make Sphero go left (heading of 270°)
- Swipe right to make Sphero go right (heading of 90°)
- Swipe UP or DOWN to stop
devicevariable to whatever device Sphero connects to your machine has
- It's currently oversensitive so multiple gestures might get triggered and result in some wild behaviour!
- There is a timeout of 2000ms to stop Sphero after each gesture to make sure it doesn't go to crazy
- Set the variable
safeMode = false;if you are trying it out in water, it's much more fun and Sphero is a bit more mellow when in liquid