What does MaSIV do?
What kind of data can I view in MaSIV?
- MaSIV is an image viewer, designed for large (>100GB) 3D image datasets.
- It works by creating a downsampled stack, which is then navigated as you would a regular 3D image stack.
- However, the program pulls data from the hard disk to a cache when zoomed in, allowing all the original detail to be viewed
- Features can be added using plugins
- Works on Linux, OS X, and Windows
- In theory, MaSIV should work with any 3D image set, stored in disk in individual xy planes saved as .tif images
- MaSIV has been designed to accept data where each depth is stored in a separate tiff. A text file tells MaSIV which planes are to be grouped together into a single 3D image.
- Currently there no support for multiple channels.
- Clone the repo and add only the root MaSIV directory to the MATLAB path.
- Image Processing Toolbox
- Parallel Processing Toolbox
- Statistics and Machine Learning Toolbox
- Subpixel Registration
- Run 'masiv'
Please see the Wiki for further information and file an issue if you run into bugs or have a question.