This package provides Emacs bookmark support for org-mode. You can bookmark headings in org-mode files and jump to them using standard Emacs bookmark commands.
It seems like this file should be named org-bookmark.el, but a package by that name already exists in org-mode/contrib which lets org-mode links point to Emacs bookmarks, sort-of the reverse of this package.
It also seems like this should be built-in to org-mode… ;)
Require the package in your init file:
Then you can customize
org-bookmark-jump-indirect if you like.
Use the standard Emacs bookmark commands,
C-x r m, etc.
If you use Helm, you can jump to org-mode bookmarks in an indirect buffer by pressing
<C-return> in the Helm buffer, or by choosing the action from the list.
You can also customize the variable
org-bookmark-jump-indirect to make org-mode bookmarks always open in indirect buffers.
- Proper customization group,
- Customizeable filename function,
org-link-display-formatinstead of custom function.
- By default, add parent directory to displayed filename.
Initial stable release.
- Thanks to Steve Purcell for his advice on several improvements.
- Thanks to Joshua Moller-Mara for his patch improving robustness.