The redis driver is based on Jedis. While this is a very robust driver and Redis is amaxing this project has to be considered in Beta stage. Feel free to fork it and provide your feedbacks.
Install the extension from the railo extension store in railo admin. Please note that the extension is installable only in the server admin. This means that is not possible to install it for a single web context.
Create a new cache selecting Redis Cache as Type.
Add some configuration:
- If you like you can use the driver to store the Session Scope. If this is your intention you can flag "Allow to use this cache as client/session storage."
- Server/Host => says to the Railo how to connect to Redis. By default this is setted to localhost:6379. Please tune this following your environments needs. Note that the driver actually support a single Redis Server.
- Namesapce => choose the namespace that will be used to avoid keys name clashing between differents cache instances.
Well. You are done.
- The cache will return only the hits count for any single key.
- The general counter (missed, hits) for the cache instance itself are not updated
idletime: Not supported. Any passed value will be ignored. Timespan is fully supported.