WORD CLOCK - NeoMatrix 8x8 Desktop Edition
by Andy Doro & Dano Wall
A word clock which uses NeoPixel RGB LEDs for a color shifting effect.
For more information, follow this guide: https://learn.adafruit.com/neomatrix-8x8-word-clock/
- Trinket Pro 5V (should work with other Arduino-compatibles with minor modifications)
- DS1307 RTC breakout
- NeoPixel NeoMatrix 8x8
- laser cut faceplate & enclosure
This code requires the following libraries:
- Solder DS1307 breakout to Trinket Pro, A2 to GND, A3 to PWR, A4 to SDA, A5 to SCL
If you leave off / clip the unused SQW pin on the RTC breakout, the breakout can sit right on top of the Trinket Pro for a compact design! It'll be difficult to reach the Trinket Pro reset button, but you can activate the bootloader by plugging in the USB.
- Solder NeoMatrix 5V to Trinket 5V, GND to GND, DIN to Trinket Pro pin 8.
A T W E N T Y D Q U A R T E R Y F I V E H A L F D P A S T O R O F I V E I G H T S I X T H R E E T W E L E V E N F O U R N I N E
- Thanks Dano for faceplate / 3D models & project inspiration!