This project contains a number of Python scripts that handle Oracle databases. Each of these scripts is self documented by the --help or -h option. Additional documentation will be forthcoming at a later date. A brief description of each script is provided here.
- CopyData - copy data from one table or view to another
- DbDebugger - allows simple debugging of PL/SQL
- DescribeObject - describe objects as SQL statements for recreation
- DescribeSchema - describe multiple objects as SQL statements for recreation
- DumpCSV - dump the results of a select statement as comma separated values
- DumpData - dump the results of a select statement as insert statements
- ExportColumn - dump the data from a column into a file
- ExportData - dump the data from a database into a portable dump file
- ExportObjects - describe object as SQL statements for recreation in files
- ExportXML - export data from a table into a simple XML file
- GeneratePatch - generate SQL script to go from one set of objects to another
- GenerateView - generate a view statement for a table
- ImportColumn - import the contents of a file into a column in the database
- ImportData - import the data dumped with ExportData
- ImportXML - import data from an XML file (such as those created by ExportXML)
- PatchDB - execute statements in files, checking for errors
- RebuildTable - generate SQL script to rebuild the table
- RecompileSource - recompile all invalid objects in the database
This project depends on the following projects if used in source mode. If you are using the binary version these dependencies can be safely ignored.
- cx_PyGenLib - https://github.com/anthony-tuininga/cx_PyGenLib
- cx_PyOracleLib - https://github.com/anthony-tuininga/cx_PyOracleLib
- cx_Oracle - https://github.com/oracle/python-cx_Oracle
The binary versions of these tools were built with cx_Freeze.
This project is released under a free software license. See LICENSE.txt for more details.