A KiCad component library and footprint library for a micro:bit edge-connector socket.
This is a schematic & PCB-layout library, for use with KiCad, an open source PCB design/layout tool.
The micro:bit has an 80 pin edge connector (not all pins are active), at 0.05" / 1.27mm pitch. Sockets for the edge connector are easy to obtain (right-angle) and harder to obtain (straight).
This library was written for the through-hole, straight version of the socket. It has had limited testing, but is in successful use for PCB manufacture.
- lib_microbit_connector - schematic
- Connectors_4UCON.pretty - footprint
- Connectors_4UCON.3dshapes - 3D model
How to use:
Please read the KiCad documentation first!
- Open dialog: Preferences -> Component Libraries
- "Add", browse to
CvPcb (association of components->footprints)
- Open dialog: Preferences -> Footprint Libraries
- "Append with Wizard", browse to the directory
- many thanks to hackscribble/Ray Benitez