Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
Appium 1.9.1 is a patch release. Next version will likely not support Xcode 8
- Append the current session identifier to the protocol name prefix in server logs
- Fix the way current protocol is determined from execute response
- Support Xcode 10 and iOS 12.0
- Add a possibility to set container type for Simulator while pushing/pulling files
- Fix W3C format handling by receiveAsyncResponse command
- Fix iPhone X Simulator screen recording
getStringsfor no app
- Fix screen recording bug
- Return the current geolocation from
mobile:mobileGetDeviceInfocommand (UiAutomator2 only)
- Make 'by tag name' selector compatible with View Tag selector (Espresso only)
- Convert mouse action events to touch actions (Espresso only)
- Add more support for W3C Actions API
- Support pointer input methods: up, down and move
- Add advanced modifier attributes to 'touch' inputs: pressure, twist, width, height
- Add advanced modifier attributes to 'pen' inputs: pressure, twist, tilt x and y, eraser, barrel button
- Support interpolation for 'pen' and 'multitouch'
Appium 1.9.0 is a feature release, comprising multiple updates.
- Full W3C Specification support.
- Add full beta of Espresso driver
for Android automation (used by specifying
automationNamecapability to be
- Add driver for Samsung Tizen devices
-imagefind element strategy,
--async-traceserver argument, and rename as
- Sample code has been moved into the main repository to aid in maintenance.
- Fix status retrieval to speed up performance.
- Add support for Xcode 10 beta 5 and iOS 12 beta 5.
- Add preliminary support for MacOS Mojave beta.
- Add face id biometric support.
- Fix retrieval of device time, and add optional
- Do not crash if there is no
idevicesyslogwhen ending session.
- Handle frames when page changes in Safari.
- Add desired capabilities:
remoteDebugProxy- port or Unix domain socket on which a proxy for the
remote debugger sits.
safariGarbageCollect- turn on/off JS garbage collection in Safari.
showSafariNetworkLog- print Safari network logs in the Appium server logs.
mjpegServerPort- port to which screenshots can be streamed.
- Fix handling of settings updates, so simulators are not restarted unnecessarily.
- Allow pulling of folder from real devices.
mobile: getContextsexecute function, to retrieve meta-information (title,
url, etc.) about available contexts.
- Fix certificate retrieval and handling.
- Fix cookie handling, to allow secure cookies.
- Fix Safari timeout issues.
- Add support to retrieve Safari network logs, as
- Update Chromedriver to v2.41.
- Get Chrome version for Webviews in Android 7+, to find correct Chromedriver.
- Make sure UiAutomator processes are cleaned up during test.
- Fix handling of
- New desired capabilities:
mjpegScreenshotUrl- url to stream screenshots to.
chromedriverUseSystemExecutable- boolean flag to use the default Chromedriver
installed with Appium, avoiding any attempt to find correct Chromedriver.
disableWindowAnimation- disable window animations on device (now available
on UiAutomator and UiAutomator2).
pageLoadStrategy- page load strategy for Chromedriver.
- Allow test-only APKs to be installed.
- Fix implicit wait handling for finding elements.
- Better handle Unicode IME installation.
- Relax package validation logic.
- Fix error in UiAutomator searches with nested quotes.
- Perform accessibility refresh when needed on UiAutomator2.
- Improve logic for determining if apps need upgrade.
- Fix screen recording to allow longer recordings, up to 30 minutes.
Appium 1.8.1 introduces multiple fixes and features. Most notably, it improves the performance of XCUITest
- Fix shrinkwrap problem caused due to package-lock being set to false (#10660)
- Add keyboard presence verification endpoint (see http://appium.io/docs/en/commands/device/keys/is-keyboard-shown/)
mobile:startLogsBroadcastfeature (see http://appium.io/docs/en/commands/mobile-command/)
- Add cap called
realDeviceScreenshotterto use idevicescreenshot for real device screenshots
- Add application platform verification
- Validates that
webdriverAgentUrlcapability is a valid URL
- Add an extension to retrieve battery info from a real device
- Fix Safari console log retrieval
- Return the current connection state instead of undefined for setNetworkConnection
- Add a possibility to include stderr output into adb:shell call (see https://github.com/appium/appium/blob/master/docs/en/writing-running-appium/android/android-shell.md#supported-arguments)
- Add flags argument to pressKeyCode so it is possible to generate IME actions if needed (UIAutomator2 only)
- Add a cap called
userProfilewhich is an integer to enforce user profile while launching applications
- Make it possible to retrieve a battery info from the device under test (mobile:batteryInfo)
deviceApiLevelto returned session capabilities (UIAutomator2 only)
- Fix passing suppressKillServer option while creating ADB instance
- Improve performance of swipe unlock action
- Improve restore from background behaviour