Appsfire for iOS
SDK Version: 2.7.9
Getting Started with Appsfire
The Appsfire iOS SDK is the cornerstone of the Appsfire network.
It provides the functionalities for monetizing your mobile application: it facilitates inserting native mobile ads into you iOS application using native iOS APIs. You can choose one of our ad units (Sushi, Uramaki and Sashimi), or create a new custom ad format (based on the Sashimi Ad Unit). Be sure to read our full documentation.
It also helps you engage with your users by sending push and in-app notifications.
- Please visit our website to learn more about our ad units and products.
- Please visit our online documentation to learn how to integrate our SDK into your app.
- Check out the full API specification to have a detailed understanding of our SDK.
In order to get started, please be sure you've done the following:
- Registered your app on our Dashboard and generated an SDK key for your app
- Grabbed our latest version of the SDK, either using CocoaPods, or downloading the SDK from our Dashboard
The recommended approach for installing
AppsfireSDK is via the CocoaPods package manager, as it provides flexible dependency management and dead simple installation.
For best results, it is recommended that you install via CocoaPods >= 0.28.0 using Git >= 1.8.0 installed via Homebrew.
Install CocoaPods if not already available:
$ [sudo] gem install cocoapods $ pod setup
Change to the directory of your Xcode project:
$ cd /path/to/MyProject $ touch Podfile $ edit Podfile
Edit your Podfile and add AppsfireSDK:
platform :ios, '6.0' pod 'AppsfireSDK', '~> 2.7.6'
Install into your Xcode project:
$ pod install
Open your project in Xcode from the .xcworkspace file (not the usual project file)
$ open MyProject.xcworkspace
Please note that if your installation fails, it may be because you are installing with a version of Git lower than CocoaPods is expecting. Please ensure that you are running Git >= 1.8.0 by executing
git --version. You can get a full picture of the installation details by executing
pod install --verbose.
For manual install, please refer to our online documentation.
Included is a sample app to use as example and for help on Appsfire integration. This basic application allows users to test our different ad units (Monetization Features) and our Notification Wall / Feedback Form (Engagement Features).
If you encounter any issues, do not hesitate to contact our happy support team at email@example.com.
Release date: October 13, 2015
- Bug fixes.
Release date: September 16, 2015
- iOS 9 support.
Release date: June 1, 2015
- Bug fixes.
Release date: May 11, 2015
- Add isFree, localizedPrice to AFNativeAd.
Release date: April 16, 2015
- Solved an issue affecting the report of the impression with Native Ads feature.
Release date: April 15, 2015
- Added Native Ad system to get ads medata only, and to support more mediation systems.
- Added Himono: our banner format.
- Some other updates and bug fixes.
Release date: March 11, 2015
- Removed Mediation feature. Please note it will not longer be supported after May 1.
- Stopped supporting armv7s architecture (deprecated since Xcode 6).
- The package now contains the bridge for swift (header file).
- Some other updates and bug fixes.
Release date: December 1, 2014
- Our Ad Badge is now dynamic and becoming international! French is the first supported language ("Ad" is translated to "Pub" for devices in French). More languages to come soon.
- Visual improvements in Appsfire interstitial ad units: the fade-out transition for Sushi and Uramaki on iOS 7+ now takes into account the current app context (and not the context of the app before the ad was displayed).
- Sashimi ad format: the number of Sashimi Ads returned by our SDK (
numberOfSashimiAdsAvailableForFormat:) was wrong when Cross Promotion was enabled. It is now fixed!
- Some other updates and bug fixes
Release date: October 8, 2014
- Carousel for sashimi.
Release date: September 10, 2014
- Appsfire SDK is now compatible with iOS 8, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6+.
- Appsfire SDK should be used with Xcode 6.
- Here and there user interface adjustments.
- Removed deprecated methods.
###Version 2.4.0 Release date : August 12, 2014
- New design for the Sushi (interstitial ad format).
- In App purchase Ad Removal Prompt: we now offer an easy way to display alert views to users to inform them about the possibility to remove ads in your application.
- Sashimi: Custom Sashimi can now be built using Interface Builder. Please read our dedicated section to learn how.
- Udon Noodle: Ads are now dismissed when scrolling up. We also added support for UITableView with multiple sections.
Side note regarding iOS 8 compatibility: We began updating our SDK for iOS 8. However note that we won't release a full-compatible library for iOS 8 until Apple allows publishers to submit an application built with Xcode 6. In the meantime you shouldn't have any problem as you can't submit a build with Xcode 6! And thus, any special iOS 8 UI/UX behaviour won't be visible. Stay tuned!
###Version 2.3.1 Release date : April 28, 2014
- Brichter-San is renamed Udon Noodle. Please read our migration notes.
###Version 2.3.0 Release date : April 24, 2014
- New ad format: Brichter-San (Pull-to-Refresh control)
- Sashimi: fixed a bug that sometimes prevented the view to react to user's tap
- Updates and bug fixes for other ad units
###Version 2.2.2 Release date : March 20, 2014
- Monetization is now the default feature. Please read our migration note if you use Engagement features in your application.
- Custom Sashimi's minimal size is now 30pt x 30pt (previously was 75pt x 75pt).
forceDismissalOfModalAd. You can now force the dismissal of a modal ad.
Release date: March 11, 2014
- New ad format: Sashimi (in-streams ads)
- Specify the features you are using to improve the user experience
- Added support for 64-bit iOS applications
Release date: January 10, 2014
- Workaround bug fix to prevent app crash in cases where the storeKit component is displayed in landscape-only iPhone apps
- Improved flushing of data
Release date: January 2, 2014
- New ad format: Uramaki
- Sushi is supporting devices in landscape
Release date: December 16, 2013
- Fixed a bug with notification wall for landscape-only apps
Release date: December 5, 2013
- Fixed a bug with the capping in monetization sdk
Release date: November 21, 2013
- Monetization SDK
- New, flat design for iOS 7