This repository contains a collection of example applications and integrations that work with AppSignal. This list of applications is not the complete list of frameworks and libraries integrates with, please see our documentation website for the complete list.
If you need more help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Table of Contents
- List of example apps
- Usage documentation
Ruby example apps
Each example lives in its own branch.
- Ruby: plain old Ruby app: ruby
- Ruby: custom background job: custom-background-job
- Ruby + Rake: ruby-rake
- Rails 5 + Delayed Job: rails-5+delayed_job
- Rails 5 + Resque - rails-5+resque
- Rails 5 + Sidekiq: rails-5+sidekiq
- Rails 5 + Sequel: rails-5+sequel
- Rails 5 + Sequel - with manual instrumentation:
For when extensions override the AppSignal Sequel instrumentation.
- Rails 5 + Que: rails-5+que
- Sidekiq: sidekiq
- Sinatra: sinatra
- Sinatra modular apps: sinatra-modular
- Padrino: padrino
- Grape: grape
- Capistrano + dotenv: capistrano+dotenv
- Capistrano + Figaro: capistrano+figaro
- Shoryuken: shoryuken
Elixir example apps
Currently the Elixir apps are not added to this repository, we have plans to do so at a later time. For now you can refer to these repositories for Elixir example apps:
- AppSignal Elixir example
- AppSignal Plug example
- AppSignal Phoenix example
- AppSignal Phoenix chat example
Each repository may have multiple branches with different scenarios and configuration.
- Create an application on [AppSignal.com][appsignal-website].
- Follow the installation procedure and get a "push API key".
- Set the push API key in your terminal session, or prefix per example app.
export APPSIGNAL_PUSH_API_KEY=YOUR-KEY # or APPSIGNAL_PUSH_API_KEY=YOUR-KEY bundle exec some command
- Checkout the branch you need as listed in Examples.
- Read the README for that example application.
Minimal setup per app
These example applications contain the least required amount of code as possible to focus on the AppSignal integration. Use the code in the example to modify your own application.
If you want to contribute an application to our examples repository (thank you!), please follow these steps:
- Fork this repository.
- Create a new branch with the application name.
git checkout --orphan branch-name
+to combine gems and
-to indicate variations on other examples.
- Add an example application.
- Document the example application's along with its usage in the README.
- Commit it with
Add [test app name] example.
- Install AppSignal in the application.
- Commit it with
- Send in an issue.
Since PRs can only be merged in another branch, please send in issues pointing to your fork and we will include them manually.
Also see our Contributing guide for more information.