Collaborating and Publishing on the Web with GitHub – Workshop
Material originally developed by @lexnederbragt for a workshop on "Writing and publishing on the web together using Github".
I have taught this workshop a couple of times now and it has become clear what works well and what could be improved. It is still – and will be for some time – a work in progress.
For now, all that is here is an outline of the workshop. Both Lex and I have the ambition to develop this lesson into a fullblown one, with screenshots etc.
You are welcome to contribute! This call goes out especially to the participants of my workshops – contributing to repositories on GitHub helps you stay 'on track' and getting comfortable working on GitHub. It's fun, too! :)
|2020-01-17||Oslo||University of Oslo||English|
|2019-09-11||Oslo||University of Oslo||English|
|2019-01-18||Oslo||The National Library of Norway||Norwegian|
|2018-12-12||Oslo||The National Library of Norway||Norwegian|
|2018-11-01||Trondheim||NTNU Gunnerus Library||English|
|2017-12-08||Oslo||University of Oslo||English|
- Overhaul lesson, especially cutting out "excercises" in the middle part (collaboration) to make more room for
Issues, and trouble shooting, especially for the missing
revert-function on GitHub
- Find a better / different example than the Guacamole recipe. To-Do-List for a project?
- Translate lesson into Norwegian and German
- Create a reference for technical terms (fork from Software Carpentry Git lesson?)
- Create a further reading list with links to GitHub handbook, git documentation, markdown cheat sheet etc.
- Create a little add-on with info on how to setup local versioning either with git via command line, with GitHub Desktop and with integrated git in editors like Visual Studio and Atom etc.
- Create another little add-on with info about smartphone and tablet apps for integrating GitHub (like CodeHub)
- Show that GitHub repositories can be assigned a DOI via Zenodo.org – especially relevent for finished projects
- Add info on Licences, especially CC-Licences