EN | JA
Extension for Gecko based browsers and Blink based browsers.
To use withExEditor, you also need to prepare a host which executes your editor. The browser interacts with the host via messages, and the editor is executed by the host. Please download the host for withExEditor from asamuzaK/withExEditorHost (GitHub).
View Page Source with exEditor
- Creates a copy of the page, save as a temporary file, and opens it with an external editor.
- The temporary file is encoded in UTF-8, even if the original document is not so.
- If you are browsing a local file, then the local file will be opened directly.
View MathML Source with exEditor
- Enabled on MathML elements, and shows a generated DOM tree.
View SVG Source with exEditor
- Enabled on SVG elements, and shows a generated DOM tree.
View Selection with exEditor
- Shows a generated DOM tree of selection in XML format.
- If there are multiple ranges in selection, each range will be shown with a comment as a delimiter.
Edit Text with exEditor
- Enabled on input elements, textarea element and editable elements.
- Edited contents will be synchronized when you go back to the browser.
Toolbar Button Icon
- Choose the icon.
- Enter the label of the editor.
- If the input field is disabled, run the setup script on the host.
Notify Host Error
- If enabled, notifies when an error occurs on the host.
Enable Only When Editing Text
- Enables only when the content is editable.
Automatically Synchronize Edited Content On Specific Sites
- Enable when you want to automatically synchronize edited content.
- Note that this option will not be enabled when private browsing. Also note that if you leave your browser running for a long time or register many URLs, it may affect the performance of the PC.
- Try when withExEditor stops working, for example when updating Node.js or updating withExEditorHost.