Application Version Manager
- better client storages management.
- remove all, specific or exclude values.
- custom configuring and scalability.
- more than just an adding a timestamp to *.js files.
Table of Contents
node generator.js(or just execute
core/settings.json if needed.
|versionKey||localStorage key, which contains info about current build.|
|dirPath||Path to project directory, which contains the main
|buildPath||Path to load version-manager according to previous
What does mean
PATH_TO_VERSION_MANAGER_CONFIG_JSON 404 (Not Found) in console?
- Wasn't specified parameter
configPath. If you use
autoCopybehaviour, the target file generates an appropriate source inside itself with actual path to
config.jsonfile. Otherwise, set this path manually in
How to clear all storages, but save the current user session without log out?
- See demo#5. If you use localStorage in your app to saving the major user data e.g.
access_token, it's a good way to clear all data, but except this one. As a consequence, user won't be redirected to login page and could continue his session with updated application.
Why should do I set version-manager
main.js file the first in list?
- When you run your application, version-manager checks current version and compares it with new one if needed. When a new build is available, the further application loading will be stopped and page reloads. As a result, the user doesn't see any content data while the version-manager is getting a new build.
I have several different tools which load initial data. Version-manager doesn't load always the first. Which is solution?.
- In this way, you may manually change request type to synchronous in
app-version-manager/main.jsfile like this:
'GET', configPath, false. Thus, all other scripts will be invoked only when version-manager loaded.
Copyright (c) 2017 asduser