- Install this package via Joomla! installer.
Please check after the installation if the module is correcly installed.
Open the menu
Extension | Modulesand click the toolbar button
new. In the appearing list should be the entry
- Create the module
Click the entry
AGOSM Module. In the appearing form you have to enter at least the title and the position. And you have to select in the tab
menu assignmenton which menu items the map should be displayed.
- Check your map in the front end
If you set one standard pin in the tab
special pin configurationyour map will look like in the next image.
Routing to address - How to find us
A popular feature of this extension is 'Routing to address'.
- Fill the information in the tabulator 'Routing to address'.
- If you like to use address suggestions you should use a positon on the top.
- Per default OSRM is used as router. OSRM is sometimes busy. If you like to use mapbox you have to get an access token: https://docs.mapbox.com/help/how-mapbox-works/access-tokens/
- In front end you see a text field
If you enter a address in the text field in the front end and click enter you see a route to the address you entered in the back end.
- Open the component via
Components | Agosmsand click the toolbar button
- Create one entry. At least you have to fill the title and the coordinates
in the tab
Module Agosms - Marker Options
- Go back to the module and set the option
show pins from componentto
- Adjust the map
In the tab
Map configurationyou can set the zoom and the coordinates that should be shown.
All parts of this extension
Module: Fields - Agosm
It is the main part of this extension.
Component - Agosms
The Component is used for showing a view for selecting the coordinates.
OpenStreetMap (OSM) is a collaborative project to create a free editable map of the world. Rather than the map itself, the data generated by the project and saved in a datase is considered its primary output.
Support and New Features
This Joomla! Extension is a simple feature. But it is most likely, that your requirements are already covered or require very little adaptation.
If you have more complex requirements, need new features or just need some support, I am open to doing paid custom work and support around this Joomla! Extension.
Contact me and we'll sort this out!