Information-food to feed startup brain
- The best startup advice : The best startup advice Sam Altman of YCombinator has ever heard (95 items).
- Ultimate Startup Cheatsheet : “The Ultimate Cheat Sheet For Starting And Running A Business” ~> USA-focussed.
- Properties of a successful company : Straightforward summary of the essentials of How to Do it Right.
- Validate your idea : How to launch with a validated idea.
- Build a happy startup : E-book guide to building a happy startup
- Launchrock : Create ‘launching soon’ pages, collect interest and build an audience before you launch.
- Both sides of the table : Excellent startup advice blog by an entrepreneur-turned-VC.
- Venture Hacks : Startup advice blog written by AngelList
- Startup course : A free 14-week course about startups, including practical advice and exercises.
- Learn new skills : 40 places to learn new skills online.
- Skillshare : Platform to learn (and teach) anything.
- Fullcontact : Address book that keeps all your contacts in one place and automatically up-to-date.
- Meetup : Platform to find (and organise) events – search for your interests.
- Angellist : Platform where startups connect to investors and talent.
- Eventbrite : Another platform to find (and organise) events – search for your interests.
- Bizoogo : Social network for entrepreneurs to collaborate, co-found and develop new businesses.
- The fetch : Weekly summary of (startup) events in London (and other world cities).
GET STUFF DONE
SELL THINGS, GROW STUFF
- Price Optimisation : A very useful blog about (SaaS) pricing – start with the Complete Guide.
- Customer Conversion : How to convert singups to customers in 30 days.
- Learn Growth Hacking : 35 resources to help you learn about and growth hacking.
- Fullcontact Playbook : Newsletter full of sales and marketing advice.
- Kissmetrics Blog : Excellent blog about analytics, marketing and testing.
- Ventruedocs : Customized, automated legal documents for startups, investors, crowdfunding portals and attorneys.
- Co-founder Equity Calculator : Simple calculator to help you decide how much of the business each founder should get.
- Guide to Investment : Collection of articles about investment agreements (term sheets), by Brad Feld, MD of Foundry Group.
- The NEF Directory : A HUGE list of enterprise-related resources from the New Entrepreneurs Foundation.
- Startup Britain : National campaign by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs – events, resources and deals.
- Centre for Entrepreneurs : The Entrepreneurs’ Think Tank – Sign up for their newsletter (bottom of the page).
- Smarta : Business advice and tools for startups and small businesses.
- Enterprise Europe network : European Commission scheme that helps small business to make the most of the European marketplace.
DON’T WANT TO START THINGS?
- Why not to work in a startup : “10 reasons working in a startup is terrible”