Displays possible autocomplete suggestions on keystroke (or manually by typing
ctrl-space) and inserts a suggestion in the editor if confirmed.
autocomplete+ is bundled with Atom. You don't have to do anything to install it.
autocomplete+ has a powerful autocomplete provider API, allowing provider authors to add language-specific behavior to this package.
You should definitely install additional providers (the default provider bundled with this package is somewhat crude): https://github.com/atom/autocomplete-plus/wiki/Autocomplete-Providers
Just type some stuff, and autocomplete+ will automatically show you some suggestions.
DOWN to select another suggestion, press
ENTER to confirm your selection. You can change the default keymap in
- Keymap For Confirming A Suggestion
Additionally, the confirm keymap can be customized in your keymap.cson:
'atom-text-editor.autocomplete-active': 'tab': 'unset!' 'ctrl-shift-a': 'autocomplete-plus:confirm'
Remapping Movement Commands
By default, autocomplete-plus commandeers the editor's core movement commands when the suggestion list is open. You may want to change these movement commands to use your own keybindings.
First you need to set the
autocomplete-plus.useCoreMovementCommands setting to
false, which you can do from the
autocomplete-plus settings in the settings view.
Or by adding this to your config file:
"*": "autocomplete-plus": "useCoreMovementCommands": false
Then add these to your keymap file:
'body atom-text-editor.autocomplete-active': 'ctrl-p': 'autocomplete-plus:move-up' 'ctrl-n': 'autocomplete-plus:move-down' 'pageup': 'autocomplete-plus:page-up' 'pagedown': 'autocomplete-plus:page-down' 'home': 'autocomplete-plus:move-to-top' 'end': 'autocomplete-plus:move-to-bottom'
- Shows suggestions while typing
- Includes a default provider (
- Wordlist generation happens when you open a file, while editing the file, and on save
- Suggestions are calculated using
- Exposes a provider API which can be used to extend the functionality of the package and provide targeted / contextually correct suggestions
- Disable autocomplete for file(s) via blacklisting, e.g.
*.mdto blacklist Markdown files
- Disable autocomplete for editor scope(s) via blacklisting
- Expands a snippet if an autocomplete+ provider includes one in a suggestion
Great autocomplete depends on having great autocomplete providers. If there is not already a great provider for the language / grammar that you are working in, please consider creating a provider.
Provider API documentation to learn how to create a new autocomplete provider.
If the default
SymbolProvider is missing useful information for the language / grammar you're working with, please take a look at the
SymbolProvider Config API.