This is a huge release. It is the AudioKit version 5 that I've always wanted, a clean and simple base with all the various DSPs separated out into dependencies. And, now the documentation is all created from this repository, so AudioKit.io will be up to date and awesome.
- Separated AudioKit into various Swift package dependencies
- Made the
AudioKitcomponent Swift-only and
AudioKitEXis backed by
- Made AudioKit.io build from the /docs/ directory
- Restart Swift Playgrounds support - this will be improved in upcoming minor releases
- Improved handle of virtual MIDI ports (thanks @emurray2)
- Improved tests and test coverage
- Removed some suspect code
- Made Node a protocol instead of a class
- Massive cleanup of nodes including elimination of AudioUnitContainer, internalAU
- Updated @parameter to include a ParameterDef so that all parameter definition is in one place
- Added initial value to ParameterDef
- Implemented new Triggerable and MIDITriggerable protocols
- Used handleMIDIEvent blocks in DSP for more instructions (should be sample accurate and safe)
- Improved performance of the CallbackInstrument with a new ring buffer class
- Changed way STK Resources are included with AudioKit (might have Cocoapods ramifications - use SPM!)
- Simplified STK Physical Models
- Removed unused code
- Updated scripts from AudioKitDevTools to autogenerate more of AudioKit
This is a quick release that mostly fixes the compiled XCFrameworks used for CocoaPods.
- [da41eff]: Bump to 5.0.1; relocated AudioKit.xcconfig, README and version updates (Stephane Peter)
- [c4ca6d9]: Updated branch names for SPM (Stephane Peter)
- [b0bbf3e]: Make ThreadLockedAccessor public (Stephane Peter)
- [58e5972]: Ignore .swiftpm (Stephane Peter)
- [6fbbb95]: Also make members public (Stephane Peter)
- [6f87ae2]: Use xcodebuild to run tests (Stephane Peter)
- [23cb5ee]: Link to AudioKitUI (Stephane Peter)
AudioKit Version 5 is finally out! After many months of testing and using it on our own production code, we are finally declaring that 5.0 should be the preferred version to start with. That being said, it is a first release, so there will probably be some hiccups along the way and minor updates will fix anything that comes up.
This is mostly a release focused on getting back to working binary frameworks for CocoaPods and Xcode 12.
The most glaring difference from previous releases is that the
AudioKit class was renamed
AKManager. In most cases this will require only very minor changes to your code - there has not been any other API change. This was necessary to resolve issues with generated Swift interfaces, which don't allow for classes with the same name as the framework.
Because of the new Apple Silicon slices for iOS simulators and Mac, we are no longer able to ship anything but a universal binary XCFramework. So all examples and projects have been modified to reference those instead where applicable, and we no longer provide OS-specific binary archives.
This is also likely to be the last release on AudioKit v4 before v5 which features major API changes, and support for the Swift Package Manager.
This is likely going to be the last v4 release of AudioKit. Version 5.0 is currently in development and will provide full support for the latest Xcode, its platforms and the Swift Package Manager.
The main purpose of this release is to provide binary packages built with Xcode 12 for CocoaPods and others.