Auth0 Webtasks is a platform for easily creating a serverless HTTP Endpoint / Webhook. Auth0 Webtasks executes node.js code in a secure and safe manner. There's no servers to deploy, no tools you have to install, just code.
- Every webtask is an HTTP endpoint
- Simple Node.js programming model
- High fidelity of HTTP, webtasks can even return HTML
- Full access to node modules available on npmjs.com
- Rich browser based editing experience
How does it differ from other Serverless offerings?
- Specialized for Node.js
- Low configuration
- Highly customizable
- Extremely low latency
- Designed from scratch for web-based / user interactions rather than plumbing between backend services.
This workshop assumes you have the following ready to go:
- A Github account
- A Slack account with administrative privileges
- Feel free to create a new one just for this workshop
- If attending a workshop where there is a leader, one will be provided
- Node.js installed
- Some of the advanced examples use jq.
- A Text Editor
- This workshop shows use of Visual Studio Code
- These examples assume you are using bash.
- Hello Editor - 20 Minutes
- Hello CLI - 15 Minutes
- NPM Modules - 15 Minutes
- Secrets - 20 Minutes
- Storage - 20 Minutes
- Programming Models - 5 Minutes
- Local Execution
- Local Debugging
- Custom Programming Models
- Fork the repository.
- Clone your forked repository.
OPTIONAL A tip for those who do not have an in-IDE-markdown-viewer. Using hads allows you to navigate around the workshop content, edit it to add your own notes and offers a easy search bar to go back and look something up. If you already have a markdown viewer, then skip this step.
npm install -g hads
hads . -oDisplay project documentation in browser at url http://localhost:4040
Note: Feel free to edit and send pull requests to update/add more modules.