Demo to show how to use Chrome to connect to a heart rate monitor, as well as a Bluetooth smart bulb. The ultimate goal creates a "Stress Display" that uses the heart rate value, to display a "traffic light" stress meter. This consists of various shades of green, yellow or red depending on the heart rate value.
This will demonstrate how to use Chromes' bluetooth capabilities to:
- Read battery status
- Read heart rate information
- Hacking into a smart bulb (Sharper Image LED Bulb Bluetooth Speaker - SBT5007)
Runs on Chrome browsers on:
- IPhone (Not working currently)
- Windows (Not tested)
- Chrome version 56+
To try it out! (Live Demo):
If you do not have a Bluetooth Heart-Rate monitor:
- the main page.
- get device information.
- get battery information.
- get heart rate information.
- get temperature information.
- set the colors of the lightbulb.
- base on the heartrate of the heartrate monitor, set the color of the bulb to differenct shades of green, yellow or red.
- Get Bluetooth information using Chrome:
- Wireshark (to analyze packets)
- Bluetooth Simulator App:
- "BLE Peripherals" App, for Android devices
Where to buy:
- Sharper Image LED Bulb Bluetooth Speaker (SBT5007)
- Crane Heart Rate Monitor
- About $15 at Aldi
- Just about anywhere ($20+)
Other helpful links:
- “Web Bluetooth (100 Days of Google Dev)
- Interact with Bluetooth devices on the Web
- Reverse Engineering a Bluetooth Lightbulb
Other Hardware for Bluetooth:
- Raspberry PI
- BB-8 (Star Wars)
- Drone (Parrot Mini Drone Rolling Spider)