The Login Toboggan module improves the Backdrop login system in an external module by offering the following features:
- Allow users to login using either their username OR their email address.
- Allow users to login immediately.
- Provide a login form on Access Denied pages for non-logged-in (anonymous) users.
- Customize the registration form with two e-mail fields to ensure accuracy.
- Optionally redirect the user to a specific page when using the 'immediate login' feature.
- Optionally redirect the user to a specific page upon validation of their e-mail address.
- Optionally display a user message indicating a successful login.
- Optionally combine both the login and registration form on one page.
- Optionally display a 'Request new password' link on the user login form.
- Optionally have unvalidated users purged from the system at a pre-defined interval (please read the CAVEATS section of INSTALL.txt for important information on configuringthis feature!).
Users who choose their own password can be automatically assigned to a selected 'non-authenticated' role. This role could have more permissions than anonymous but less than authenticated - thus preventing spoof accounts and spammers. The user will only be removed from the non-authenticated role and granted authenticated permissions when they verify their account via a special email link, or when an administrator removes them from the non-authenticated role.
Place entire loggintoboggan module folder into (a) your sites/all/modules directory (b) your sites/[my site]/modules directory.
Enable the module at Administration » Modules
Configure logintoboggan settings at Administration » Configuration » System » LoginToboggan
The module changes the functionality of the login block AND provides a new LoginToboggan logged in block'.
Configure each block at Administration » Structure » Blocks as follows...
- Configure the 'User login' block for LoginToboggan functionality:
- Configure 'LoginToboggan logged in block'
Tip: by leaving the title blank, the 'LoginToboggan logged in block' is slim and neat.
Use the 'Delete unvalidated users after' feature with extreme caution!
This feature can be handy, but if misconfigured can cause unexpected damage to your user data -- specifically deleting users! Two things to guard against:
a. Be very careful when editing the 'Non-authenticated role' setting. If you set it to anything other than the 'authenticated user' role, LoginToboggan will happily start deleting any users you have in that role that were created prior to the purge interval. If you want to avoid problems, it's best to never change that setting after you've initially set it up.
b. LoginToboggan has mechanisms in place that prevent a user from being re-added to the Non-authenticated role after a user has been validated. Note that these protections are only present in core's interface -- if you have another module enabled which does any role manipulation (either via the user interface or programatically), you must find your own way to ensure that it doesn't add any users back into the Non-authenticated role.
Also note that the feature is only enabled if the 'Set password' option is also enabled.
This project is GPL v2 software. See the LICENSE.txt file in this directory for complete text.
- Jerome Danthinne (https://github.com/jdanthinne/)
Co-developed for Drupal by Jeff Robbins (jjeff) and Chad Phillips (hunmonk) with several features added by Raven Brooks (rbrooks00).