A tool for extracting 3d assets from BLiNX: The Time Sweeper. Information on patterns and format is available in
./docs, which will be updated as research progresses. Requires Python 3.5+.
To extract an asset, you will need:
- A legal, non-platinum hits, NTSC-U1 copy of BLiNX: The Time Sweeper (MS-019 v1.05).
- The virtual address of the asset's geometry
- The virtual address of the asset's texture references
- The name of the section2 the asset is contained within
1. Other versions have not been tested and are not explicitly supported.
2. All assets are in sections of default.xbe. Use XBE Explorer to find the section names, locations, and sizes.
python pyblinx -co GEOMETRY_ADDRESS -so TEXTURE_ADDRESS -s SECTION
--help for full definitions of arguments. Check
./docs for information on how to find addresses and how to calculate virtual addresses
Sample geometry and texture addresses are in
./data/entries.csv. pyBlinx does not currently support extracting character models.
The intention of this project is experimental and educational. All research is conducted on legally obtained software and with publicly available information.