This is a prepackaged installation of the standalone version of generatedata.com, using Vagrant, a development environment builder.
How to install
If you not already using Vagrant, follow these steps:
- Download Vagrant: https://www.vagrantup.com/downloads.html
- Install a provider, e.g. VirtualBox: https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Downloads
- On the command line, install a box, e.g.
vagrant box add precise32 http://files.vagrantup.com/precise32.box
- Clone this repository.
- On the command line, to to the generatedata-vagrant folder and run
vagrant up. (Note, this requires the use of port
- This is configurable, however). The first time you run this command, it will take a few minutes. Also, the script ends with a non-zero status, which may look like an error. It isn't.
- Load up
http://localhost:8888in your browser. This should show you the installation script.
For the database settings, enter:
- Database: generatedata
- Username: root
- Password: pass
Then just click through the remainder of the installation steps.
A big thanks to Daragh Courtney for getting this all working.