After configuring the stack dependcies below:
- rake zone_one:first_run
- Authentication: devise gem + devise_harvard_auth_proxy
- Authorization: acl9
- Ajax-upload tool: plupload
- Search: solr, sunspot
- Tagging: acts_as_taggable_on
- Pagination: will_paginate
- File Metadata: fits
- Background Jobs: resque + redis
- Performance: Rails low-level caching to local disk storage
- Image processing: ImageMagick, RMagick gem
- must install mod_xsendfile, see https://tn123.org/mod_xsendfile/ ** You must be sure to verify the module is loading in Apache, use apachectl -t -D DUMP_MODULES
- must set the following directives in VirtualHost ** XSendFile On ** XSendFilePath $RAILS_ROOT/assets ** XSendFilePath $RAILS_ROOT/uploads ** XSendFilePath $RAILS_ROOT/downloads ** XSendFilePath $RAILS_ROOT/public ** In general, make sure to add XSendFilePath to whitelist any location you want users to be able to download from
- must configure Rails enviornment to include
# config.action_dispatch.x_sendfile_header = "X-Sendfile" # for apache
- no additional configuration of websever is required
- this application has not been tested with nginx. Be sure to test downloads are not empty files.
- must configure Rails enviornment to include # config.action_dispatch.x_sendfile_header = 'X-Accel-Redirect' # for nginx
Temporary files are created by stored_files_controller#download_set in $RAILS_ROOT/downloads. You'll want a cron job to clear old files out of that directory periodically. E.g.
20 * * * * nice find $RAILS_ROOT/download/ -mindepth 1 -maxdepth 1 -mmin +120 -print0 | xargs -0 -r rm -rf
You'll want to a cron job to clear the soft-deleted stored files which have expired. This rake job loads the Rails enviornment, so please execute as a user with appropriate permissions. 0 0 * * * cd $RAILS_ROOT && bundle exec rake zone_one:hard_delete_expired_stored_files
- To restart tomcat, run service tomcat6 restart (or whatever version of tomcat is running)
- To reindex solr, run rake sunspot:reindex
- To view other solr tasks, run rake --tasks | grep sunspot
- To begin testing, define the test database in config/database.yml
- rake camp:rebuild RAILS_ENV=test
- Testing dependencies include rspec, factory_girl, shoulda, database_cleaner, remarkable
- rake spec will run full suite of tests
- rspec filename will run tests from that file
You'll need to update your proftpd.conf file to setup the proper paths, database connection info, and SSL certificate.
The main configuration requirement is the SQLDefaultUID and SQLDefaultGID directive.
Use the same UID and GID as the user running your webserver. That user needs
to be able to
cd into a virtual user's homedir, and run a
For an example please review var/proftpd.conf.
This application is released under a AGPLv3 license.
Copyright President and Fellows of Harvard College, 2012