This is a proof-of-concept implementation of the new Xcode Source Editor Extensions
Note: The extension only converts "love", "happy" and "graduation" to corresponding emojis.
How to use:
- Download latest Xcode 8 - beta
- Let it install additional system components
- After it is installed, open terminal and execute
- Reboot your machine. This is required only for the first time
- Open the project in Xcode 8 - beta and run the extension scheme. Fix code signing issues if there are any. Extensions and the app need to be signed properly.
- Choose Xcode 8 - beta in "Choose an app to run" popup
- A new instance of Xcode should be launched by now. Open any source file, "Emojify" entry is made in "Editor" menu
- Choose the option from the menu and voilà
Thanks to Brandon Kobilansky for helping me in running the sample.