SFTP/FTP upload plugin for brackets
- Keep track of changed files in your project
- Upload panel - you have total control over which to upload and which to skip
- Server settings for each project
- Store server settings in the brackets system preference file, not the root folder of your projects, so no worry about uploading your credentials to your git repo.
- Right click menu command in your project panel, upload any specific file or folder you want.
- Also a good sample code to learn how brackets works with node.
- Open Extension Manager by clicking the building-blocky icon on the right side of Brackets;
- Search for sftpupload;
- Click Install;
- Click the up-side arrow icon (on the right) to open the panel;
- Navigate to your project, click "Server Setup" button and fill in your server info;
- Now you can right-click on the files in your project, use Upload via SFTP to upload it to your server;
- If you change and save a file within the project, it will show up in the bottom panel; you can click "Upload" to upload this file, "Skip" to skip a single file, or "Upload All" to upload all changed files to the server.
- (Ctrl-Alt-U / Cmd-Alt-U) to upload the current opening file;
- (Ctrl-Shift-U / Cmd-Shift-U) to upload all changed files;
- (Ctrl-Alt-Shift-U / Cmd-Alt-Shift-U) to open up Upload panel.
Notes for translators
I noticed many people wish to translate this plugin - you are welcomed!
If you are comfortable with Github, you can fork this repo, create a new folder (with language code as its name) in /nls, and put another translated String.js in the folder. Otherwise you can translate String.js in any language folder (root for English) and send me the file (along with your name).
- Added Brazilian Portuguese Translation (thanks @elvis-pereira)
- Added Estonian Translation (thanks @marioletta)
- added French Translation (thanks Antoine SARRAZIN)
- added Polish Translation (thanks @M1szelek)
- added Spanish Translation (thanks @dennistobar)
- fix: #21 uploading directories doesn't work for subdirectories (@zarnivoop).
- fix: no longer need to restart Brackets upon server connection errors.
- improved language in error feedback: using "Broken Connection / Wrong Password" for server connection errors.
- showing available languages in Bracket's Plugin Manager
- added Swedish (sv) translation (thanks @zarnivoop)
- feature: allows password protected RSA encryption keys (@swengmatt).
- bug fix: When type is changed, the port won't change to it's default if the user has already set his value
- @dedo1911 added Italian translation.
- new shortcut for "Upload All": Ctrl-Shift-U.
- now saves server info in local user preferences.
- added an indicator icon in the right hand side.
- Ctrl-Alt-U uploads the current file now. Open the panel via Ctrl-Alt-Shift-U.
- click "Upload on Save" button now triggers the checkbox.
- for developers: now uses 4-spaces instead of tabs across all the file.
version 1.2.4 (Thanks mhentgesarrow!)
- Conform to new API standards
- bug fix: Display saved passwords now
- translation: added German translation (Thanks danielkratz!)
- bug fix: now can upload file with white spaces in names.
- feature: support SSH RSA private key! Just type in the path of the private key into the password field.
- bug fix: better error feedback.
- bug fix: when the "upload" button fails on newly changed files;
- bug fix: setting dialog reverts to default value even when settings are changed
- feature: added new "upload on save" function
Notes for developers
This repo does not include required node modules! For extension developers, please run
in the /node folder.
@bigeyex @danielkratz @mhentgesarrow @dedo1911 @swengmatt @zarnivoop @dennistobar (Spanish Translation) @M1szelek (Polish Translation) Antoine SARRAZIN (French Translation) @marioletta (Estonian Translation) @elvis-pereira (Brazilian Portuguese Translation)