Binance API Postman
Postman is an API Collaboration Platform.
Binance now has several Postman Collections for quick and easy usage of our REST-based APIs.
The environment hosted here can be imported for easy changing of API public key, secret key.
How to import collection
- Download the collections
- Import the collection into Postman APP
How to import environment
Download the environment json file
Run in Postmanbutton above to import collection
Click the button
Manage Environments(gear icon) from the top right of Postman console (Postman Mac version)
From the pop-up page, click
importbutton, then select the downloaded json file.Click the environment,
Set the API key and secret key. Leave timestamp and signature empty. Please DON'T set into
INTIAL VALUEcolumn, otherwise postman will upload into your personal postman account.
Select the environment from the dropdown.
Could not get any response
- Either you haven't setup the environment or the environment is not selected. Please find the step above to setup the environment.
API-key format invalid.
- API key is not set.
- API key is not correct.
- In Postman
X-MBX-APIKEYis not selected.
Signature for this request is not valid.
These are the likely reasons that can cause this error:
- Secret key is not set.
- Parameters are selected, but didn't pass any value. Uncheck the parameter if you don't use it.
Mandatory parameter 'xxxx' was not sent, was empty/null, or malformed.
- The mandatory parameter is missing. Please refer to the API document and pass all required parameters.
How to debug or find out request URL
- Open Postman console
(CMD/CTRL + ALT + C), each request will print request parameters and URL.
- Edit Pre-request scripts for debugging.
Is Postman safe to use
We suggest users to develop their own application to work with Binance API. However Postman is a good tool for those who want to easily experience APIs. These best pratices are recommended:
- Don't use collections from distrust channel.
- Review the json file before using it.
- Don't use if any code that you don't understand.
- Make sure that withdrawals are not enabled on your API keys.
- Delete API key after use.
My question isn't here
Please open an issue here.