Spring Boot with Kotlin. Try it live!. Fork me.
This demo has been broken for much of 2017 as the technologies it relies on have been moving targets (think of this code as a "canary in the coal mine" for production readiness). Things are much better now, and the full pipeline to AWS is working as expected. --2018/01/06
It still fails on Java 9 as the JDK has deprecated an XML API needed by Spring.
This software is in the Public Domain. Please see LICENSE.md.
Would you like to contribute? Ask me! I'm happy to take on contributors or pull requests. Please see the Story Wall.
- Spring 5
- Boot with REST
- Junit 5 — unit and integration tests
- Example of REST batch round trip with status
- Quieter tests and runtime (always in progress!)
Things to think about
- Update to openjdk 9:
- Boxfuse support
- JDK 9 deprecates those modules
koblincdoes not like target bytecode
- Update to Kotlin coding conventions when IntelliJ catches up
- Logging is still to noisy during build and tests
- Some "bleeding edge" difficulties, e.g., Spring REST docs + Spring 5 beta
- Replace nested tests with scenario tests ala Introduce first-class support for scenario tests #48
- Java 9 complains about "illegal reflective access" by Kotlin compiler
- Stuck on surefire 2.19 until 2.20+ does not break
- Restore HTTP access logging to console
- Developing Spring Boot applications with Kotlin
- Dipping into Spring Boot with Kotlin
- The Journey of a Spring Boot application from Java 8 to Kotlin: The Application Class
- Kotlin extensions for Spring projects
- JUnit 5 with Spring Boot (plus Kotlin)
- Testing improvements in Spring Boot 1.4
- REST and long-running jobs