Worker from Class
Allows you to create ActionScript Workers from Class definitions instead of loading or embedding a bulky SWF file.
Requires Claus Wahlers' excellent as3swf library for some SWF magic.
- download worker-from-class
- download as3swf and copy its /src/com folder into the worker-from-class /src folder
- download the 11.4 playerglobal.swc (available at the Adobe labs)
- add the 11.4 playerglobal.swc to the build path
- set the compiler options -swf-version=17 and -target-player=11.4
- use WorkerFactory.getWorkerFromClass(ClassReference, swfByteArray) to create a new Worker based on the ClassReference. The swfByteArray must be a valid SWF file ByteArray (e.g. loaderInfo.bytes)