- Sometimes rebuilds more than is necessary (possibly due to cabal-install behaviors).
- Conflicts can occurr when packages are installed to the global package database.
- short versions of command-line flags, particularly
-f<flagname>, are somewhat buggy.
- maintaining a sandbox for multiple related packages is still laborious (as is necessary when builing large, multi-package projects).
- Fixed but not well tested (only exercised with ghc7 on 32-bit debian, 6.10 and 6.12 are fairly well covered, though) -- GHC 7:
canonicalizePaththrows exceptions in recent versions of Directory, which is needed by ghc 7. This causes
cabal-devto fail if the sandbox directory does not already exist. One potential (but untested) workaround is to manually create the sandbox directory first, then run
- support multiple unpacked packages
- support a concept of projects:
- multiple packages with one shared sandbox
- flags specified on a per-package basis
- release a library interface to cabal-dev for custom project build scripts
- Either use, or do not download/unpack the cabal-install source.