a lightweight static website generator
embellish builds a working static website from a bunch of text files, with optional
HTML templates and other goodies. It is a lightweight generator, designed to build websites from any directory, allowing you to organically grow your websites.
Quick & Dirty Websites
Other generators dictate your directories to be structured their way.
embellish does not. Go to the
embellish directory and type:
> embellish -r .
readme.html is generated and opened in a browser. Now edit
readme.md, save, and refresh the browser.
commonmarkto translate markdown - allows markdown in html tags!
yamlfront-matter to store meta-data
pugtemplates to generate HTML files and RSS feeds
npm install embellishjs
- modified file check for media transfers
- keep track of templates and modifications
- fixed bug with double-rendering of md -> html
- static syntax highlight.js with markdown-it
- always compile index pages (otherwise doesn't pick up changes)
- 2.0.0-beta 16/2/2017
- added watch
- added static server
- 2.0.0-alpha 5/2/2017
- pug templates - much better templating system than pyhaml, different templating language
- commonmark - allows markdown in tags
- simplified architecture
- standard yaml front-matter - different template semantics
- removed lots of pre-processing from the python version
- use file comparison for efficent caching
- added single file mode
- docstring cleanup
- docopt in binary
- added force option
- fixed help for recursive option