Botpress — The open-source Virtual Assistant platform
Botpress is an open-source all-in-one bot creation platform that provides all the tools you need to build, debug and deploy AI-based conversational assistants.
- Natural Language Understanding (NLU)
- Built-in graphical interface & flow editor
- Administration panel and bot management tools
- Runs fully on-prem (control your data)
- Support multiple messaging channels such as Webchat, SMS, Telegram, Facebook Messenger etc
Deploy in the Cloud
Botpress can be easily deployed on DigitalOcean as a 1-Click App here.
Deploy using Binaries
You can download the binaries here.
Building from source
Prerequisites: Node 10.11 (you can use nvm) and Yarn.
yarnto fetch node packages.
yarn buildto build the core, the UI and the modules.
yarn startto start the server.
If you encounter errors when building modules (timeout, random errors, etc), try the following:
- Go in each module folder and type
yarn && yarn build
Here are some of the many ways to contribute.
- Contribute code by reading our contributing guide
- Fix spelling mistakes and amend the documentation
- Answer and ask questions on the Forum
For starters, there are some open issues with the [first good issue][starter-label] tag which are ideal for starting to contribute. They are all relatively easy to get started with.
Contributions to Botpress will be dual-licensed under AGPLv3 and the Botpress Proprietary License. This means that all contributors need to agree to the dual-license before their contributions can be accepted.
By default, any bot created with Botpress is licensed under AGPLv3, but you may change to the Botpress License from within your bot's web interface in a few clicks.
For more information about how the dual-license works and why it works that way, please see the FAQS.