SimpleTorrent is a a self-hosted remote torrent client, written in Go (golang). Started torrents remotely, download sets of files on the local disk of the server, which are then retrievable or streamable via HTTP.
This project is a re-branded fork of cloud-torrent by
- Individual file download control (1.1.3+)
- Run external program on tasks completion:
- Stops task when seeding ratio reached:
- Download/Upload speed limiter:
- Detailed transfer stats in web UI.
- Torrent Watcher
- K8s/docker health-check endpoint
- Extra trackers from external source
- Protocol Handler to
- Magnet RSS subscribing supported
- Flexible config file accepts multiple formats (.json/.yaml/.toml) (by spf13/Viper) (1.2.0+)
- Single binary
- Cross platform
- Embedded torrent search
- Real-time updates
- Fast content server
- IPv6 out of the box
- Updated torrent engine from anacrolix/torrent
See the latest release or use the oneline script to do a quick install on a modern Linux machines.
bash <(wget -qO- https://git.io/simpletorrentqs)
The script installs a systemd unit (under
scripts/cloud-torrent.service) as service. Read further intructions: Auth And Security
If hope to specify a version, just append the version number to the command.
bash <(wget -qO- https://git.io/simpletorrentqs) 1.3.3
$ docker run -d -p 3000:3000 -v /path/to/my/downloads:/downloads -v /path/to/my/torrents:/torrents boypt/cloud-torrent
When running as a container, keep in mind:
- You need also to expose your torrent incoming port (50007 by default) if you want to seed (
-p 50007:50007). Also, you'll have to forward the port on your router.
- Automatic port forwarding on your router via UPnP IGD will not work unless run in
It's more practical to run docker-compose, see Wiki Page: DockerCompose
- Latest Golang (Go 1.16+)
$ git clone https://github.com/boypt/simple-torrent.git $ cd simple-torrent $ ./scripts/make_release.sh
See Wiki Command line Options
See Wiki Config File
Use with WEB servers (nginx/caddy)
See Wiki Behind WebServer (reverse proxying)