Mysql to PostgreSQL
This is a ruby script which migrates data from a MySQL database to PostgreSQL. It can be run as a one off migration, or as a delta script to copy newly modified data.
- Designed to work on a Rails 2.x application
- Majority of tables should have:
- primary key column (usually called id, but can be changed)
- updated_at column
- index on updated_at
- Edit mysql_to_postgresql
- Put in database credentials
- Add any tables without an updated_at to TABLES_WITHOUT_UPDATED_AT
- Update database.yml in your application to point to PostgreSQL
- Create database tables by running:
rake db:create db:migrate
- Run ./mysql_to_postgresql
See the LICENSE file.