A basic account management system built in Node.js with the following features :
- New User Account Creation
- Secure Password Reset via Email
- Ability to Update / Delete Account
- Session Tracking for Logged-In Users
- Local Cookie Storage for Returning Users
- Blowfish-based Scheme Password Encryption
Node-Login is built on top of the following libraries :
- Node.js - Application Server
- Express.js - Node.js Web Framework
- MongoDb - Database Storage
- Jade - HTML Templating Engine
- Stylus - CSS Preprocessor
- EmailJS - Node.js > SMTP Server Middleware
- Moment.js - Lightweight Date Library
- Twitter Bootstrap - UI Component & Layout Library
Installation & Setup
- Install Node.js & MongoDB if you haven't already.
Clone this repository and install its dependencies.
> git clone git://github.com/braitsch/node-login.git node-login > cd node-login > npm install -d
(Optional) Add your gmail credentials to /app/server/modules/email-settings.js if you want to enable the password retrieval feature.
In a separate shell start the MongoDB daemon.
From within the node-login directory, start the server.
> node app
For testing purposes, I've provided a database dump of all accounts here.
Please note this list and the entire database automatically resets every 24 hours.
Questions and suggestions for improvement are welcome.