- macOS 10.11 El Capitan+
- Micro.blog account
- Micro.blog app token
- Download the latest TodayPoster.zip file.
- Unzip the file and drag the TodayPoster.app file to your Applications folder.
- Open the TodayPoster.app file. You can then quit the app.
- Open the Notification Center sidebar.
- Scroll to the botton and press Edit, then add the TodayPoster widget.
- TodayPoster should show up in your list of widgets.
- Simply write some text and press the "Post To Micro.blog" button (There is also a Command + Enter keyboard shortcut to publish the post).
- The first time you try to post, the app will bring up a dialog to save an app token (this will be securely stored in your keychain) that is required for posting to Micro.blog. This app-specific token must be generated at Micro.blog > Account > Edit Apps.
- Press the settings button if you need to edit the app token later.
- Going over 280 characters will show an optional title text field if you want to add a title to your post.
- There is also a setting to post to a custom Micropub URL on the settings page.