Clone this wiki locally
btpd – the BitTorrent Protocol Daemon
Btpd is a utility for sharing files over the BitTorrent network protocol. It runs in daemon mode, thus needing no controlling terminal or GUI. Instead, the daemon is controlled by the btcli command line utility, or other programs capable of sending commands and queries through the btpd control socket.
The goal is to provide a healthy alternative to the still prevailing ftp/http servers for file distribution sites and a good BitTorrent client for the casual user.
Features of btpd include:
- Reasonable resource usage.
- Runs in daemon mode; no need for constant terminal or gui.
- Command line interface.
- Sharing of multiple torrents in one btpd process.
- Upload and download rate limiting.
- IPv6 support.
- Multitracker support.
See Project History for a historical viewpoint of btpd.
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Submitting Bug Reports – tips for submitting bug reports
- Using btpd – usage examples of btpd
- Related Projects – projects that use or provide front-ends to btpd
- Getting Help – ways to reach us: IRC and mailing lists