Allow any Android user to watch movies easily streaming from torrents, without any particular knowledge.
Visit the project's website at http://butterproject.org.
Keep track of Butter development and community activity.
- 0.4.0 - Migrating app to MVP arhitecture
- 0.5.0 - Refactor media providers
- 0.6.0 - Update video player and resolve media streaming issues
- 0.7.0 - Refactor updater to work on p2p protocol
- 0.8.0 - Updating connect SDK
- 0.9.0 - Cleaning up project (resources, proguard, ...)
- 1.0.0 - Making app stable for release
- Make media providers available through Content Providers.
- Make desktop JS media providers available on Android.
- Support multiple audio sources.
- Make media available offline.
- Adding support for Chromebooks.
- Picture in picture support.
Want to report a bug, request a feature, contribute or translate Butter? Check out our in-depth guide to Contributing to Butter.
The gradle build system will fetch all dependencies and generate files you need to build the project. You first need to generate the local.properties (replace YOUR_SDK_DIR by your actual android sdk dir) file:
$ echo "sdk.dir=YOUR_SDK_DIR" > local.properties
You can now sync, build and install the project:
$ ./gradlew assembleDebug # assemble the debug .apk $ ./gradlew assembleRelease # assemble the release .apk (signing keys are required) $ ./gradlew installDebug # install the debug .apk if you have an # emulator or an Android device connected
You can use Android Studio by it as existing project.
`|-- base # base module (contains all the core functionallity) `|-- mobile # mobile module (smartphone/tablet application) `|-- tv # tv module (Android TV application) `|-- provider # includes provider implementations `-- media # media provider implementation and SDK |-- base # Contains models for working with providers |-- mock # Provider implementation with mock data for testing purposes |-- provide # Media provider SDK `-- vodo # Vodo provider implementation `-- subs # subtitle provider implementation and SDK |-- mock # Subs provider implementation with mock data for testing purposes |-- provide # Subs provider SDK `|-- connectsdk # connectsdk module responsible for streaming on external device such as Chromecas or Apple TV |-- core # connectsdk module core implementation `-- modules |-- google_cast # connectsdk module google cast implementation |-- firetv # connectsdk module fire tv implementation
For transparency and insight into our release cycle, and for striving to maintain backward compatibility, Butter will be maintained according to the Semantic Versioning guidelines as much as possible.
Releases will be numbered with the following format:
Constructed with the following guidelines:
- A new major release indicates a large change where backwards compatibility is broken.
- A new minor release indicates a normal change that maintains backwards compatibility.
- A new patch release indicates a bugfix or small change which does not affect compatibility.
If you distribute a copy or make a fork of the project, you have to credit this project as source.
This program is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, either version 3 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program. If not, see http://www.gnu.org/licenses/.
Note: some dependencies are external libraries, which might be covered by a different license compatible with the GPLv3. They are mentioned in NOTICE.md.
Copyright (c) 2015 Butter Project - Released under the GPL v3 license.