CarboneIO SAS takes the security of our software products and services seriously, which includes all source code repositories managed through our GitHub organizations.
While the discovery of new vulnerabilities is rare, we also recommend always using the latest versions of CarboneJS to ensure your application remains as secure as possible.
** Please do not report security vulnerabilities through public GitHub issues. **
If you believe you have found a security issue in
Carbone Render or anything related to the Carbone ecosystem, please responsibly disclose by contacting us at
support[at]carbone.io. Even when you are not 100% certain that it is actually a security issue. Typically, you will receive an answer within a day or even within a few hours. If possible, encrypt your message with our PGP key.
When a vulnerability is reported, it immediately becomes our top concern, with a full-time contributor dropping everything to work on it. You should receive a response within 24 hours. If for some reason you do not, please follow up via email to ensure we received your original message.
Please include the requested information listed below (as much as you can provide) to help us better understand the nature and scope of the possible issue:
- Type of issue (e.g. buffer overflow, SQL injection, cross-site scripting, etc.)
- Full paths of source file(s) related to the manifestation of the issue
- The location of the affected source code (tag/branch/commit or direct URL)
- Any special configuration required to reproduce the issue
- Step-by-step instructions to reproduce the issue
- Proof-of-concept or exploit code (if possible)
- Impact of the issue, including how an attacker might exploit the issue
Thank you for improving the security of Carbone and its ecosystem. Your efforts and responsible disclosure are greatly appreciated and will be acknowledged.
If you have suggestions on how this process could be improved please submit a pull request to discuss.