Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Update your code to the current API: See the refactoring guide.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Have a question? Start here maybe!
- Basic Usage: learn the basics of Celluloid
- Tutorials: list of tutorials touching on Celluloid
- Actor Lifecycle: unlike regular objects, actors aren't garbage collected! Learn how to manage them
- Pipelining and Execution Modes: Celluloid guarantees only one method runs at a time but can reorder work. Learn how!
- Structuring Programs: When should you use actors versus regular objects?
- Debugging: How to identify and fix bugs in your actor systems
- Gotchas: learn to avoid common mistakes when using Celluloid
- Fault Tolerance: how to build fault-tolerant programs with Celluloid
- Futures: request a method call (or compute a block) and get the result later
- Linking: link actors together so they receive each other's exit messages
- Registry: give your actors a name so other actors can find them
- Supervisors: monitor an actor and restart it when it crashes
- Supervision Groups: launch and supervise groups of actors (or other groups)
- Pools: create fixed-sized pools of actors for background job processing
- Exclusive: avoid deferring to the scheduler when waiting on other actors or system events
- Timers: run a method after a given amount of time
- Protocol Interaction: send and receive raw asynchronous messages between actors
- Finite State Machines: use finite state machines to control logic
- Notifications: publish/subscribe notifications between actors
- Conditions: ConditionVariable-like event signaling inside of or between actors
- Finalizers: Run methods when actors terminate to handle shutdown
- Logging: configure Celluloid's logger to log to files or elsewhere
- Blocks: notes on how Celluloid handles blocks
- Thread Safety Notes: learn about how to tell if a particular gem is thread-safe
- Projects Using Celluloid: using Celluloid? Tell people here
- Glossary: A guide to Celluloid terminology
- Roadmap: Release milestones and upcoming features
- GSoC Ideas: Ideas for Google Summer of Code for most recent year
- Elsewhere on the Internet: Useful links about Celluloid
- Asking for help: Getting advice on how to use Celluloid in your application
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.