Clone this wiki locally
Update your code to the current API: See the refactoring guide.
- Frequently Asked Questions: Have a question? Start here maybe!
- Basic Usage: learn the basics of Celluloid
- Tutorials: list of tutorials touching on Celluloid
- Actor Lifecycle: unlike regular objects, actors aren't garbage collected! Learn how to manage them
- Pipelining and Execution Modes: Celluloid guarantees only one method runs at a time but can reorder work. Learn how!
- Structuring Programs: When should you use actors versus regular objects?
- Debugging: How to identify and fix bugs in your actor systems
- Gotchas: learn to avoid common mistakes when using Celluloid
- Fault Tolerance: how to build fault-tolerant programs with Celluloid
- Futures: request a method call (or compute a block) and get the result later
- Linking: link actors together so they receive each other's exit messages
- Registry: give your actors a name so other actors can find them
- Supervisors: monitor an actor and restart it when it crashes
- Supervision Groups: launch and supervise groups of actors (or other groups)
- Pools: create fixed-sized pools of actors for background job processing
- Exclusive: avoid deferring to the scheduler when waiting on other actors or system events
- Timers: run a method after a given amount of time
- Protocol Interaction: send and receive raw asynchronous messages between actors
- Finite State Machines: use finite state machines to control logic
- Notifications: publish/subscribe notifications between actors
- Conditions: ConditionVariable-like event signaling inside of or between actors
- Finalizers: Run methods when actors terminate to handle shutdown
- Logging: configure Celluloid's logger to log to files or elsewhere
- Blocks: notes on how Celluloid handles blocks
- Thread Safety Notes: learn about how to tell if a particular gem is thread-safe
- Projects Using Celluloid: using Celluloid? Tell people here
- Glossary: A guide to Celluloid terminology
- Roadmap: Release milestones and upcoming features
- GSoC Ideas: Ideas for Google Summer of Code for most recent year
- Elsewhere on the Internet: Useful links about Celluloid
- Asking for help: Getting advice on how to use Celluloid in your application