Pimcore - CreateJS Plugin
This Pimcore plugin enables a different way to edit content. It uses Create to do its magic, see: Create.js
For now, this is just an experimental "proof of concept"!
- Uses plain HTML RDFa-(a)nnotated templates to make pages automagically editable, sorta
Installation / Setup
- Copy CreateJS from the plugins directory to the plugins directory of your Pimcore installation.
- Open the Pimcore administrative backend as an admin user and activate and enable the CreateJS extension.
- Remove the default Pimcore editing frontend controller and replace it with the CreateJS implementation. This could be done globally or even on a action-by-action basis. See examples/DefaultController.php
- use RDFa based templates. See examples/default.php. Please note, that for the example to work you need to define a Pimcore object class named "participant" with the input fields "name" and "age" AND have an existing object instance with the id "5" (or change the template) to test this ...
- Namespaces MUST be declared on the body tag
Mode of operation: Edit Mode
- Then the CreateJS takes over, sending the edited info back via a backbone sync to the CreateJS_AdminController.
- Currently, the CreateJS_AdminController just decides if the content is a document or an object based on the subject attribute and stores the data.
Mode of operation: Live view
- The CreateJS_Controller_Plugin parses the HTML code into a DOM and
- searches for various RDF annotation, then
- loads the data and injects the contents.
Notes, Warnings, Todos - A LOT
- only simple string fields are supported right now
- pimcore preview works only after save & publish
- save & publish is still needed after performing a CreateJS save!
- creating new objects does not work
- collections are not supported
- the backbone sync php backend needs to be rewritten from scratch, as it is based on simple/ugly string parsing ...
- no error checking is performed
- the code is extremely insecure
- externalize all required dependencies .. ?