Accept donations in Discourse! Integrates with Stripe.
- Be sure your site is enforcing https.
- Follow the install instructions here: https://meta.discourse.org/t/install-a-plugin/19157
- Add your Stripe public and private keys in settings and set the currency to your local value.
- Add the following script to your page header in a custom theme component:
- Enable the plugin and wait for people to donate money.
Creating new user accounts
This is an experimental feature. A user can create a new account if they makes a successful donation. Enable this in settings. When a user is not logged in, they will be asked to enter details for a new user account. This feature doesn't support mandatory custom user fields yet.
- To run the rails specs, install the plugin and run
bundle exec rake plugin:spec[discourse-donations]in the discourse root directory.
- To run qunit tests:
MODULE='Acceptance: Discourse Donations' bundle exec rake qunit:test.
- To run Component tests:
MODULE='component:stripe-card' bundle exec rake qunit:test.
- If you're using a zsh shell, then you probably get this error:
zsh: no matches found ...and you'll need to escape the square brackets with backslashes.
- Handle custom fields
- Acceptance test in RSpec not qunit.
Tested Credit Card Numbers
These numbers can be used in test mode to simulate a transaction. For more information see the Stripe docs.
Card numbers in bold have beed tested.
- 4000 0000 0000 0077 Charge succeeds and funds will be added directly to your available balance (bypassing your pending balance).
- 4000 0000 0000 0093 Charge succeeds and domestic pricing is used (other test cards use international pricing). This card is only significant in countries with split pricing.
- 4000 0000 0000 0010 The address_line1_check and address_zip_check verifications fail. If your account is blocking payments that fail postal code validation, the charge is declined.
- 4000 0000 0000 0028 Charge succeeds but the address_line1_check verification fails.
- 4000 0000 0000 0036 The address_zip_check verification fails. If your account is blocking payments that fail postal code validation, the charge is declined.
- 4000 0000 0000 0044 Charge succeeds but the address_zip_check and address_line1_check verifications are both unavailable.
- 4000 0000 0000 0101 If a CVC number is provided, the cvc_check fails. If your account is blocking payments that fail CVC code validation, the charge is declined.
- 4000 0000 0000 0341 Attaching this card to a Customer object succeeds, but attempts to charge the customer fail.
- 4000 0000 0000 9235 Charge succeeds with a risk_level of elevated and placed into review.
- 4000 0000 0000 0002 Charge is declined with a card_declined code.
- 4100 0000 0000 0019 Charge is declined with a card_declined code and a fraudulent reason.
- 4000 0000 0000 0127 Charge is declined with an incorrect_cvc code.
- 4000 0000 0000 0069 Charge is declined with an expired_card code.
- 4000 0000 0000 0119 Charge is declined with a processing_error code.
- 4242 4242 4242 4241 Charge is declined with an incorrect_number code as the card number fails the Luhn check.
This software comes with no warranty of any kind.