Why use CloudConductor
We needed some tooling which would allow easy and fast deployment of multiple services and configurations to a vast bulk of machines while keeping the installation and maintenance time as low as possible.
Since already existing solutions like Puppet or Chef didn't work in our environment and were a pure nightmare to install within it, we decided to build our own deployment system based on the following few points:
- Use existing technology whereever possible. E.g. use the package manager provided by the OS
- The host is the active part, providing flexibility in count and variants
- Scale and run in a cloud environment with autoscaling and load balancing
- Configuration and maintenance have to be as easy as possible
- A running system first, error breakdown second