Chaussette is a WSGI server. The particularity of Chaussette is that it can either bind a socket on a port like any other server does or run against already opened sockets.
starts a very simple HTTP sample server on port 8080.
Starting a WSGI application using chaussette is simply a matter of calling:
Chaussette can also serve tornado (non WSGI) application:
chaussette --backend tornado examples.tornadoapp.tornadoapp
The simple_chat example can be started as:
chaussette --backend socketio examples.simple_chat.chat.app
Note that the two previous examples are not backend agnostic, since they are not (pure) WSGI applications.
A flask based pure WSGI application can be started with most backends:
chaussette --backend gevent examples.flaskapp.app
In these examples, we start a standalone WSGI server, but the spirit of chaussette is to be managed by Circus, as described https://chaussette.readthedocs.io/en/latest/#using-chaussette-in-circus
- The full documentation is located at: https://chaussette.readthedocs.io
- You can reach us for any feedback, bug report, or to contribute, at https://github.com/circus-tent/chaussette
1.3.0 - 2015-06-01
- Fix gevent monkey patching (pull request #67).
- Add a "--graceful-timeout" option (for gevent-based backends).
- Fix the tornado backend so that it accepts tornado's WSGIApplication instaces.
- Update documentation.
- Improve example applications.