Clone this wiki locally
From version 0.5 you can use your Wii Remote as a remote control for Clementine.
This guide explains how to install and configure Wiimotedev to let Clementine see your Wii Remote. Your computer will need to be able to use Bluetooth - either through a builtin transmitter (eg. in a laptop) or using a USB Bluetooth dongle.
For now this guide only works on Linux.
- Download the latest stable version of wiimotedev-daemon
- Extract the tarball and compile and install wiimotedev. Swap
ubuntubelow for your distro: either
ubuntu. tar -xvf wiimotedev-daemon-stable_1.2.tar.bz2 cd wiimotedev-wiimotedev-daemon/ cmake . -DDISTRO=ubuntu -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/usr make sudo make install
- Start wiimotedev-daemon: sudo /etc/init.d/wiimotedev-daemon start
- Now you need to find the Bluetooth MAC address of your Wii Remote. Watch the system log file by running:
tail -f /var/log/messages
Now simultaneously press the 1 and 2 buttons on your Wii Remote. You should see a message in the log that looks like:
wiimotedev: wiiremote 00:19:1D:A8:E0:FB is unregistred, disconnected
00:19:1D:A8:E0:FBis the MAC address of your Wii Remote.
- Open the file
/etc/wiimotedev/wiimotedev.confin an editor. You need to add the MAC address that you just discovered to the
[sequence]section at the bottom of the file, like so: [sequence] 00:19:1D:A8:E0:FB=1
- Save the file and restart wiimotedev-daemon: sudo /etc/init.d/wiimotedev-daemon reload
- You should now be able to use your Wii Remote from inside Clementine! Open the Preferences dialog by clicking Tools and Preferences..., and click on the Wiimotedev tab.