Hello World apps for cloud.gov
This repository contains minimal "Hello World" applications for a handful of different languages/frameworks for testing deployment to cloud.gov, in particular, and other instances of Cloud Foundry ("CF") in general.
All of these examples, except Java, have the same usage. For Java, see its INSTRUCTIONS.md.
- Follow the Cloud Foundry command-line (CLI) setup instructions.
- Log into your Cloud Foundry account. (For example, if you use cloud.gov, follow the "Set up the command line" instructions to log in.)
- Clone or download this repository, and
cdinto the directory
cdinto the subdirectory for whatever language/framework you feel most comfortable with.
- Deploy the application with
cf push. Look for
urlsvalue when the push completes.
cf push --random-route ... Creating app APP in org / space OK ...[snip]... requested state: started instances: 1/1 usage: 512M x 1 instances urls: php-random-words.app.cloud.gov last uploaded: Fri Nov 3 17:50:30 UTC 2017 stack: cflinuxfs2
- Visit your app with your browser at the URL assigned to your app. In the example above, that would be: e.g. https://php-random-words.app.cloud.gov
All of examples produce web applications that respond "Hello World from <framework>" on their index page.
- Cloud Foundry community collection of sample applications
- cloud.gov Java Spring Boot example: This doesn't require
gradleor any other dependencies.
- cloud.gov Drupal 8 example
- cloud.gov Drupal 7 example
- cloud.gov Wordpress example
This project is in the public domain within the United States, and copyright and related rights in the work worldwide are waived through the CC0 1.0 Universal public domain dedication.
All contributions to this project will be released under the CC0 dedication. By submitting a pull request, you are agreeing to comply with this waiver of copyright interest.